- Get a check-up with your doctor Make sure that you have all of the proper vaccinations and that you have renewed all essential prescriptions.
- Bring copies of your passport
Be able to prove your citizenship, if your passport gets stolen or lost.
- Leave a copy of your passport
Leave a copy of your passport at home or with someone you trust. Consider making an electronic copy you can store in your email account as well.
- Register with your embassy.
Make it easier for your government to contact you and get you to safety, if there’s a problem in the country.
- Look up the monetary conversion before you go
Make sure you do your math before you travel to get a sense of where the conversion rate is at.
- Make sure your credit card will work in the country you’re visiting.
- Always have local cash.
- Call your bank or credit card provider.
- Check the country’s entrance/exit fees.
- Get guidebooks.
- Buy tickets now for places you know you want to visit
- Research events going on while you’re there.
- Bring a charger adapter.
- Check the voltage of your electronics.
- Activate your phone’s global capabilities.
- Pack an extra set of clothes in your carry-on bag.
- To check a bag or not to check bag.
- Bring snacks.